6. Grini

Play audio

Røyken’s courthouse stood here from 1700. In about 1820 a new building was erected and used for executive council meetings. It was built on a grand scale with 17 large rooms to accomodate overnight guests as the railway line had not yet been built.

From here it is 9.0km to Slemmestad, 5.4km to Gullaug, 0.9km to Røyken church which is the next stop towards Slemmestad and 1.1km to The burial site at Bitehagen, the next stop towards Gullaug. Enjoy the walk!