4. The wheelwright’s house

Play audio

The wheelwright’s house was the «service station» of the past. The house was also used as a school room from 1860 until 1875. Timber from this building was used to build a new house in no.1 Selbos vei in Spikkestad around 1920.

From here it is 10.9km to Slemmestad, 3.5km to Gullaug, 0.8 to The burial site at Bitehagen which is the next stop towards Slemmestad and 0.5km to Spikkestad Brickworks, the next stop towards Gullaug. Enjoy the walk!