3. Spikkestad Brickworks

Play audio

Spikkestad was built up around the brickworks which was operational from 1897 until 1967. It was the first of several large industrial companies in Spikkestad. They produced mainly bricks, roof tiles and drainage pipes.The buildings, apart from the oven and chimney were demolished in 1973-1974. Other industrial companies which established themselves here were Elopak in 1957 and NEBB and Elektrisk Bureau later on.

From here it is 11.4km to Slemmestad, 3.0km to Gullaug, 0.5km to The Wheelwright’s house which is the next stop towards Slemmestad, and 1.9km to Kovestadbakken the next stop towards Gullaug. Enjoy the walk!