13. Grodal mill and sawmill

Play audio

The mill was shut down in 1976 having been in operation for several hundred years. Tax records from 1614 show that there was a sawmill here at that time. The mill was originally powered by water having been built beside the largest waterfall between Heggedal and Åros in the Grodal river.

From here it is 4.6km to Slemmestad, 9.8km to Gullaug, 0.2km to Kjoneberget which is the next stop towards Slemmestad and 0.7km to Hajum, the next stop towards Gullaug. Enjoy the walk!